We have an immediate opening for a motivated, results-oriented Training Specialist in support of projects that include training analysis, curriculum designing, and development of military training programs which includes Aircraft Carriers, Unmanned vehicles, Surface Ship combat systems, and Submarines systems. These training courses will support operator and maintenance technicians proficiency. This position will be located in Virginia Beach, VA.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Designs and delivers programs to train all levels of personnel. Develop tests and visual aids, conducts training classes, and develops criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities. Keeps abreast of training and development research: learning theory, motivation theory, and new materials, methods, and techniques. Develops in-house programs and practices identifying developmental needs, including preparing personnel for more responsible positions and increasing effectiveness in present assignments. May evaluate and/or oversee contractors or vendors to develop and/or administer training programs. May be responsible for development of e-learning programs.
6 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 4 years relevant experience with Masters in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 10 years relevant experience.
Candidate must have the following knowledge/experience:
Expert knowledge of Navy/DoD processes and terminology required.
• Must have experience with Navy or DoD Training domain.
• Knowledge and instructional development experience that includes developing both instructor-led and self-paced training required.
• Excellent writing skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office products required.
- Preferred candidate should have knowledge of NAVEDTR instructions.
- Familiarity with Content Planning Module (CPM) and Learning Object Module (LOM) end to end training at the Naval Education and Training Command.
- Certified Navy Instructor (NEC 9502) with Navy Master Training Specialist.
- Experience with Fiber Optics cables repair.
Experience with U.S. Navy Ships/Submarines/Aircraft Carriers
For consideration please send your resume to Deborah Bailey at email@example.com