The Project Scheduler II will, using statements of work, prepare master production plans and schedules that are fully integrated, and resource loaded. They will organize working meetings with Project Managers to detail statement of work and forecast resources with budget allocations. When required, weekly or monthly, depending on project needs, the Project Scheduler will produce project status reports including Earned Value Analysis with Schedule Performance Index (SPI) and Cost Performance Index (CPI). Various types of data will be collected, analyzed, and reviewed with the Project Manager weekly to assist with project controls.
The Project Scheduler II will be working under supervision of the Lead Scheduler and the Project Management Office (PMO) Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create, update, and maintain data in Primavera P6 and Microsoft Access databases.
- Maintain accurate records in various project databases and assist in the development of databases and other data-keeping tools.
- Review new and existing data to identify trends, abnormalities, and action items; correct and update data as necessary.
- Compile statistical reports and Earned Value related data.
- Provide reports on various project related topics to supervisors and Project Managers.
- Coordinate between the Finance Office and Project Teams to ensure accuracy of data and assist with tracking the completion of contractual obligations.
- Assist project teams with developing cost estimates.
- Maintain records of various tasks related to the job including lessons learned.
- Perform quality control analysis and other related activities.
- Participate in the development of training pertaining to data control and analysis for project teams.
- Assist in development of standard guides and Process Instructions Office (PI-40 and PI-41) pertaining to the Program Management.
- Performing vertical audits of projects as assigned by the Project Management Office Manager.
- Produce Earned Value graphs and metrics for senior management review.
- Attend project meetings.
- A wide degree of latitude and creativity is required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Directly reports to the Lead Scheduler and Project Management Office Manage.
- At a minimum, intermediate-level working knowledge/experience with Primavera P6. Three or more years’ experience with Microsoft Excel, MS Project or other accepted scheduling software may be considered to fulfill this requirement (demonstrated competence in the use of tools used for project planning and control duties).
- General knowledge of project management processes.
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills, with a good understanding of logical schedule ties.
- Comprehensive understanding of Critical Path / Critical Chain Analysis.
- Reliable team player, with good time-management, problem solving and organizational skills. Has a good attendance record, an ability to plan effectively and good track record for meeting deadlines.
- Must have the ability to gain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or graduation from an accredited shipbuilding apprentice program with 2 or more years’ experience in project scheduling or project controls, preferred.
- Must possess or have the ability to gain a DOD Secret security clearance
- Prior experience with scheduling or performing production work control in ship repair or shipbuilding, or other similar manufacturing, preferred.
- Good communication skills and the ability to coordinate with customers to ensure full schedule integration.
- Self-starter and willing to learn new skills, share experiences, and take on roles on increasing responsibility
For consideration please send your resume to Deborah Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org