Hourly rate for this position is $13.25.
Supports operational functions for the Downtown/Midtown Tunnels under the general supervision of the Traffic Management Field Supervisor or other supervisory/management-level positions within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Perform field tasks associated with directing and controlling traffic in a safe and professional manner using appropriate traffic control techniques (hand signals, whistle, voice, etc.).
- Maintain inspection logs, forms, and reports, submit to Supervisor
- Observe and report all unusual occurrences.
- Remain alert, attentive and highly visible while on station.
- Monitor and inspect vehicles for compliance with applicable regulations.
- Assist Law Enforcement personnel, fire & rescue units, and maintenance personnel as needed in emergencies and routine operations.
- Provide security to the facility.
- Maintain professional demeanor and uniform appearance.
- Use sound judgment and appropriate safety techniques to prevent unauthorized persons and vehicles from entering tunnel.
- Provide Control Room with up-to-date information regarding incidents/accidents and personnel/equipment needed.
- Keep assigned Inspection Station clean and orderly.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner and adhere to all laws governing vehicle operation; maintain safe driving record with zero preventable accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or equivalent with at least 1 year of work experience, preferably in a customer service, security, or related function. Prior experience directing and controlling traffic is also preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Effective oral and written communications
- Ability to interact with motorists by answering questions, providing directions and instructions.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to remain calm and professional during routine and emergency situations
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to obtain a VDOT Security Clearance
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License
- Ability to pass a Criminal History Background Check and drug screen
For consideration please send your resume to Deborah Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 757-629-4697