- Support the Coast Guard Mission Support Integration Office (DCMS-5) with project management, business analysis, and organizational transformation advisory services for the Force Readiness Command to assess the current state of the Ordnance Program and provide recommendations for the most appropriate alignment of Armories, and efficient management of weapons, supply, and small-arms firing ranges (SAFRs) under a coherent organizational structure with processes fully aligned with Mission Support Business Model (MSBM) principles.
- Serve as the second Action Officer and will work closely and forge relationships within FORCECOM and CG-4 program offices and other DCMS organizations.
Education and Experience:
- Experience: Ideally have significant experience in the DCMS organization, but not required;
- Four (4) years’ experience in business, business analytics, marketing, or a related field; and
- Four (4) years’ experience with USCG procedures/applications to include: USCG aeronautical practices, ACMS, ALMIS, AMMIS, FPD, CAS, FLS, NESSS, webTA, or similar Coast Guard applications.
- Develop an Ordnance Program Independent Baseline Review (IBR) Assessment.
- Conduct site visits to FORCECOM, DOL, CG-4 and operational and support field commands to perform the IBR with independent interviews and focus groups.
- Plan, facilitate, and support complex methodology development and evaluation, business process reengineering, identify best practices, change management, business management techniques, and organizational development.
- Apply process improvement and reengineering methodologies and principles to conduct process modernization projects.
- Provide activity and data modeling, develop modern business methods, identify best practices, create and assess performance measurements, and provide group facilitation, interviewing, and training.
- Assess the strategic, operational and tactical levels of the MSBM and the supporting information systems utilizing SMEs with experience of setting up a program office for logistics and finance transformation, as well as experts in change management, Enterprise IT development and deployment, assessments and audits.
- Identify and develop methods, plans, and documents to streamline operating procedures, reports and systems to improve operations, achieve savings, and encourage long range planning to assure the program/project produce results in a cost-effective manner.
- Draft business cases in accordance with Government regulations and templates.
- Conduct market research to benchmark with industry standards in order to align with industry best practices. Utilize market research, data analysis, parametric analysis, Net Present Value calculations, and other techniques in order to provide objective, unbiased recommendations in pursuance of the best course of action that benefits the Government’s readiness, efficiency and CFO compliance consistent with best practices in industry and government.
- Engage with the customer to clarify requirements and keep the customer up to date on the status of the analysis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge in at least four (4) of the following areas: Internal Controls, Cybersecurity, Organizational Design, Operational Logistics, Logistics Management, Program Management, Information Technology Management, Systems Engineering, Business Analysis
- Ability to identify and articulate problem statements, recommend courses of action, workforce design, process maps, and a draft business case analysis (BCA) per Coast Guard standards.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize requirements, including recognizing patterns and conceptualizing processes.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills including identification of issues, obstacles and opportunities, and implementing effective and efficient solutions.
- Strong relationship building skills
For consideration please send your email to Deborah Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org