Office work environment, 40+ work hours per week
The Merchandise Assistant is an entry-level position. Merchandise Assistants are primarily responsible for assisting Buyers with administrative and clerical tasks, including data entry, related to specific merchandise departments of the company. This position provides assistance to Buyers in all areas relating to the efficient and profitable operation of assigned departments and categories.
Merchandise Assistants are responsible for ensuring new items have been set up properly in the database, accurately inputting price changes, creating fashion purchase orders, and assisting with the development of weekly and ad hoc reports. This position requires frequent communication with other members of the buying team as well as with internal departments, vendors, distribution centers, and stores. Merchandise Assistants perform administrative duties that allow Buyers to function more efficiently and effectively within the organization. This position is responsible for embracing the store-centric commitment to customers, customer service and sales.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate regularly and consistently with suppliers to obtain new product information, current pricing, descriptions, UPC codes, etc.
- Maintain relationships to collaboratively work to resolve any issues/discrepancies with support areas
- Manage the marketing projection tool, Aptaris/Pro3, by entering deals, projections, scan allowances and co-op.
- Collect, review and proof product samples, prior to shipment, to ensure all information is correct and in line with the company’s guidelines. Handle disposition of rejected samples.
- Coordinate team and vendor meetings and manage Buyer and Associate/Assistant Buyer’s calendar.
- Perform data entry functions, including but not limited to, RTV’s, new item set up, supplier maintenance, price changes and item maintenance. Maintain proficiency in use of internal computer systems such as Retek, Aptaris/Pro3, and Sharepoint.
- Follow-up on line reviews to ensure items are entered and deleted in a master spreadsheet set up and ordered in a timely manner and perform any other related line review functions as needed
- Communicate with customers to resolve complaints, issues and special requests. Generate standardized letters for customers and follow-up on customer calls and issues
- Perform a variety of administrative duties such as answering phones, opening mail, distributing reports, creating presentations, filing, typing and sending letters. Work with Data Management team to setup New Supplier’s by insuring all required paper work has been filled out correctly and preparing and mailing vendor packet updates
- Other job-related duties as assigned
Education: High school or GED required
Experience: Retail experience is preferred
Job Related Skills: Proven track record in priority setting and managing multiple tasks and strong written and communication skills with excellent organizational skills. Applicant must have high attention to detail, strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Computer Skills: Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office desktop applications and all Windows-based programs
For consideration please send your resume to Deborah Bailey at email@example.com or call 757-629-4697