*Must have at least an active DoD interim confidential clearance or higher to start.
This position will be a part of the Commander, Naval Air Forces – Atlantic Assessment Team on various assessments onboard Aircraft Carriers. The selected candidate will be preparing databases for the assessments, building and breaking down assessment books and documenting equipment discrepancies in the database. This position will require local travel between Fleet Support Group facilities, military bases and shipyards up to 25% of the time, averaging 10-14 days per assignment.
Working hours are 0600-1400. Must be able to work modified hours during C5RA assessments onboard Carriers in-port, to include 10 hour days on varying shifts (0445-1445), (1000-1800). Must be able to support under-way assessments lasting approximately 2 weeks.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Provides support to the logistics function preparing logistics documentation to establish the range and depth of spares, tools, test equipment and related manuals to be deployed and stocked. Determines maintenance and repair materials required for deployment. Modifies maintenance records such as repair standards for more complex equipment or components. Develops requisitions for and manages records of equipment, components, repair parts and related manuals; tracks logistics materials and parts for proper allocation of storage facilities; reviews configuration changes to evaluate impact on logistics deployment; documents equipment, component and parts conditions; and identifies logistic support documentation to be included such as drawings, technical manuals, and maintenance requirement cards to support life-cycle of product.
Position Specifics: Candidates must have the following experience to qualify for this position.
Must have working knowledge of military supply systems.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must be Able to go underway aboard Navy Vessel and travel internationally.
- Must have an active DoD confidential security clearance or higher.
• Must be able to obtain/maintain a (CAC) Common Access Card and Norfolk Naval Ship Yard badge.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent and 4 years additional education or 4 years relevant experience
- Experience in Navy logistics with R-Supply database, OMMS-NG, FEDLOG, ONE-TOUCH knowledge highly desired.
• Experience in Combat Systems or Hull Mechanical & Electrical areas onboard marine vessels preferred.
- Active DoD interim secret security clearance preferred.