The Inventory Data Analyst is responsible for implementing and executing the Media’s overarching pricing and inventory strategy, which is determined by the company’s Media VA Leadership Team. This position is responsible for maximizing inventory for the Virginia system by analyzing reports and data that provide critical business intelligence and by making recommendations to the Virginia Leadership Team. This includes execution and deployment of inventory and pricing strategies that vary by sales channel and modeling various inventory and pricing strategies to ensure maximum benefit to the Media. This is an analyst level role with significant responsibility for optimizing yield management of the Media Virginia’s advertising products. This position reports to the Sr. Sales Services Manager.
• Conducts business impact analyses and validation studies through all stages: concept formulation, definition of metrics, determination of appropriate statistical methodology, research evaluation, and final research report.
• Provides and conducts trend analysis to support business operations
• Writes reports, creates charts, presentations, and timelines in support of department or business operations.
• Interprets operational requirements and Methods and Procedures for inclusion in studies and analysis, and to conduct root causes analyses and make recommendations to improve the business processes.
• Provides recommendations for operational efficiencies and process improvements and assists in policy development to support change initiatives
• May write code to automate reports and templates and consolidate data into reports and knowledge.
• Conducts less complex statistical analyses to create actionable insights for department leadership.
• With guidance, presents data and provides recommendations to department leadership for their use in making operational decisions, identifying process improvements and developing policy development to support change initiatives.
• Collaborates with colleagues in the function and boundary partners to conduct root cause analysis, create recommendations for improvement and identify ad hoc areas for additional research into trends.
• Provides input to leadership on performance issues and operational process improvements.
• Applies quantitative methods of social science data analysis
• Utilizes survey research literature, methods, and processes
• Uses and may program statistical analysis software
• Participates in team or departmental meetings and individual meetings with supervisor concerning own job performance.
• Attends job-related initial, cross-training and refresher training.
• Reads new or updated reference material or announcements pertaining to promotions, programming changes, specials, policies, and other Company business.
• 1+ years successful experience researching and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data in a related field (Media Sales Operations, Media Inventory/Yield Management, Broadcast Traffic Management, Data Analysis etc.)
• 1 year successful experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications in a work setting with strong knowledge in Excel
• Excellent soft skills such as: interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative to all for working effectively with teams throughout the organization
• BA/BS in a related field strongly desired (i.e. (Media Sales Operations, Media Inventory/Yield Management, Broadcast Traffic Management, Data Analysis etc.)
• 2+ years successful experience researching and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data in a related field
• 2+ years successful experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications in a work setting with strong knowledge in Excel
• Education and/or 2+ years’ experience in data mining, working with large data sets, and recommending innovative analytical solutions
• Experience working in communications industry with a focus on telecommunications, data, cable
• Experience working in a Media Inventory/Yield Management environment
• Demonstrated experience communicating with and influencing higher level leader
For consideration please send your resume to Deborah Bailey at email@example.com or call 757-6269-4697