*Position requires base access credentials to start.
This position supports the Carrier Engineering Maintenance Assist Team (CEMAT). The selected candidate will diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem on 1MC, 3MC and 5MC systems onboard Naval ships. #LI-MJ1
- Must have High School education, or Trade School or equivalent, and 6 years of related experience.
- Must have experience in Inspecting electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair on shipboard systems.
- Must have ability to read and understand technical drawings, manuals, blueprints and/or schematics to ensure compliance with naval drawings and technical manuals and to determine the location of wiring and equipment to ensure conformance to system integrity and safety of personnel and equipment.
- Must have experienced with electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of systems on marine vessels .
- Must be able to plan work involving layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications, drawings and applicable documents.
- Must be able to train sailors in troubleshooting and repair of electrical equipment onboard naval vessels.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain base access credentials to access work location.
- Must provide own hand tools as designated per trades specialty.
- Candidates with related technical/professional certifications preferred.
For consideration please send your resume to Deborah Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org