This position is responsible for the oversight and support of the Multi-Purpose terminals and will be required to execute terminal operations in accordance with the Port Of Virginia’s Operational Standards and collaborate with stakeholders to maintain a culture of continuous improvement. Our Terminals operate 24 hours per day – 7 days per week, this position will be required to be available to respond, on terminal, as required for operational matters 24/7 including nights weekends and holidays. This position works closely with terminal operations management to direct union employees to ensure KPIs are met or exceeded. This position ensures terminals provide a safe working environment for all employees while maximizing production and managing costs. This position is also responsible to build and maintain open communication channels with colleagues, customers and ILA. This position establishes good customer relations by showing an interest and drive to satisfy their needs and ensure efficient and productive operations. This position participates in the development of new business opportunities including financial and operational details.
- Responsible for safety, cost and efficiency of Portsmouth Marine Terminal, Newport News Marine Terminal, Richmond Marine Terminal and Virginia Inland Port operations including Vessel, Yard, Gate and Rail operations. Manage terminal operations and ensure adequate training is provided to management colleagues. Perform audits in conjunction with the Safety Department.
- Coordinate and plan operations with terminal operations management to ensure efficient use of all land, buildings, equipment and other resources.
- Reduce operating costs through increased terminal efficiency.
- Responsible for enhancing terminal operations to improve financial results and ensures accurate reporting of expenses and revenues.
- Represent operations at all corporate and industry related meetings, and provide frequent financial and production reports to executive management.
- Ensure continuous development of management staff through effective leadership.
- Maintain direct communication with operations management at terminals. Visit each terminal to participate in division meetings and provide updates to respective terminal personnel.
- Maintain communication with union labor partners and quickly resolve matters pertaining to respective terminals.
- Ensure terminal policies, procedures and all CBP, USDA, OSHA, USCG and other government agencies regulations are adhered to.
- Work closely with analytics team to ensure all terminal operations are performing within budgeted guidelines to achieve desired P&L results.
- Maintain and improve our customer service focused culture.
- Maintain regular communication with IT and maintenance department personnel to ensure all IT, equipment and facility maintenance related items are addressed timely.
- Support Port Of Virginia’s organizational values.
- Ensure compliance with all security and environmental regulations and policies within work area at all times. This includes properly addressing issues through action or reporting matter and concerns to Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years direct industry experience (terminal operations, transportation, maritime).
- 3+ years demonstrated experience directly managing and developing people.
- Deep knowledge of stowage, stevedoring, vessel operations and associated processes.
- Ability to find solutions to complex problems.
- Experience building teams in a dynamic labor environment with employees governed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Allocate human and capital resources to accomplish work.
- Ability to train and motivate people to obtain objectives.
- Basic PC Skills.
- Ability to lead leaders, communicate goals and objectives clearly, reward success and hold team members accountable to meet KPI’s.
- Possess a valid State Driver’s License.
- 10+ years direct industry experience (terminal operations, transportation, maritime).
- Knowledge of SPARCS, Express and N4.
For consideration please send your resume to Deborah Bailey at email@example.com