The Hampton Roads Connector Partners JV (HRCP) consisting of Dragados, VINCI, and Flatiron has been selected to construct the $3.3bn Design-Build project –the largest civil construction contract ever awarded by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT).
The project scope across a 9-mile section of the I-64 will include: a new 3.5-mile bridge-tunnel crossing that will accommodate a total of 8 lanes of capacity across the water, replacement of the existing marine approach bridges and the addition of a third lane on I-64 in each direction. The twin 45’ diameter 1.5-mile tunnels will be bored by TBM, creating the second-largest TBM tunnel opening for a TBM in North America. The project is expected to continue to the end of 2025.
Reporting to Foreman or Assistant Superintendent, the Maintenance Crew will complete various project support tasks such as clearing roadway and work zones of rubbish,
- Maintain the highest level of safety and adherence to all Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Take and follow direction from Foreman/Superintendent
- Responsible for completing all assigned tasks safely, in the time frame given
- Responsible for the Safety of his/her fellow crew members
- Must have a current Driver’s License
- Must have good judgment and good decision-making skills
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in a “fluid environment”
- Must be able to work well with others
- Truck Driving skills a plus
- Good verbal communication skills