Job Type: Permanent Full-time
Work Hours: Monday through Friday; 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The Department of Utilities is seeking qualified candidates for an Equipment Operator II in our Wastewater Division. The Equipment Operator II is responsible for driving and operating large trucks used to deliver and haul away construction supplies, materials, and heavy equipment to job sites; transport heavy equipment, supplies, and materials to job sites and are responsible for servicing and performing minor maintenance on equipment; transporting personnel to work sites; assist with loading/unloading materials, job site tasks, and maintaining clean equipment and work areas.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Transporting personnel to work sites.
- Services and performs minor maintenance on equipment.
- Assists with loading/unloading materials, job site tasks, and maintaining clean equipment and work areas.
- Lifts and carries up to 50 lbs., climbs, stands, pulls, bends, stoops throughout portions of the work day; may stand for more than four hours.
- Drives and operates large trucks used to deliver and haul away construction materials and heavy equipment.
Work requires knowledge necessary to understand basic operational, technical, or office processes. Level of knowledge equivalent to four years of high school or equivalency.
Two years operating heavy equipment.
Underground utility system experience preferred.
Additional Information & Requirements
Valid driver’s license, CDL required. May require CDL with Tanker Endorsement within six months of hire, depending upon assignment. The desired candidate will possess a Class A Commercial Driver’s License
For consideration please send your resume to Deborah Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 757-629-4697