Under the direction of NICU leadership, performs a variety of data coordination, administrative, and clerical support functions. Responsibilities include accurately compiling data, analyzing statistical information, and maintaining databases in support of reconciliation and reporting processes for the NICU.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains and tracks information for NICU specific reports.
- Develops statistical databases and graphs data for interpretation and analysis.
- Performs a variety of complex administrative functions utilizing Microsoft Office Suite and multiple software applications to include, but not limited to, statistical analysis, trend graphs, and NICU outcome summary reports.
- Composes professional correspondences, graphs, reports, and spreadsheets to support the mission of the department.
- Effectively identifies workflow /process improvements, and performance/quality opportunities.
- Must have strong problem solving and project management skills.
- Performs specialized projects, tasks, and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, decision sciences, or related field preferred
- Two to three years of related administrative data analysis and management experience in the patient care area required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Powerchart and Eclypsis or equivalent healthcare-related programs preferred.
- Previous electronic medical records experience and knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment responding to unpredictable changing situations and needs with sound judgment and excellent customer relations skills.
- Demonstrates the skill set to work independently with little or no supervision.