Position type: Non-exempt under Fair Labor Standards Act (FSLA). This is a term position that performs front line visitor services functions. Weekend and evening/night work required.
Description: The Seasonal Cashier is responsible for providing frontline coverage of the ticket hut for our drive thru holiday light show, Dominion Energy Garden of Lights (DGOL). Shifts are 5 hours from 4:30-10:30PM and average 4 nights a week. Weekends and evenings/nights are required. This position requires flexible availability.
Essential Functions: Primary responsibility is to provide superior customer service to all guests. Duties include but are not limited to; greeting all guests, scanning pre-purchased tickets, and processing sales for DGOL. The Seasonal Guest Services Assistant will work with all other departments to ensure all visitors have a positive experience at the Garden.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Should enjoy working with people and have excellent customer service skills. Previous customer service and cash handling experience preferred. A solid basic understanding of computers is required.
Daily Job Responsibilities:
- Greet and assist all visitors.
- Responsible for learning Altru software required for point of sale transactions as well as telephone switchboard and garden staff radio.
- Utilize Altru database program to view calendar schedule and be prepared to relay pertinent information to guests as well as staff and the general public.
- Operate cash register; responsible for initial money and any money taken in during shift.
- Additional duties as required.
For consideration please send your resume to Deborah Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org