Join our System Integration (SI) team whose accomplishments make a positive impact supporting the U.S. Navy and national defense! SI trades teams provide expert solutions on shipboard alterations & installation for fleet modernization. The selected candidate will be supporting the SI team working on active class submarines, surface ships, and shore facilities using various mechanical tools to assist with alterations and installations for fleet modernization on various contracts such as Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Naval Information Warfare Systems Command, and Naval Surface Warfare Center. Duties will include: Performing a variety of general manual labor tasks including, but not limited to, lifting and moving materials, loading and unloading vehicles, fire watch, and other activities in a helping or assisting mode. May perform simple repairs on machinery or minor repairs to buildings. Transports materials, tools, and equipment to and within work sites as required. Participates in special projects as required. SI’s trades teams travel to shipyards and military bases located around and out of the country when not assigned to a local task. Per diem available based on location when on travel, travel, and lodging expenses are covered by the company. #LI-MJ1
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Must have High School education or equivalent and 2 years of related experience.
- Must have direct experience with mechanical applications on shipboard or industrial systems.
- Must be capable and have knowledge of using various mechanical industrial tools such as precision measuring instruments, minor rigging equipment, portable power units, and mechanical fastening devices.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, and/or technical manuals.
- Must be able to travel 50% – 75% of the time.
- Must have a current or active DoD secret clearance and maintain it throughout employment.
- Must be able to obtain base access/credentials within the first 60 days of hire and maintain throughout employment.
- Must be able to provide own hand tools as designated per trades specialty.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Experience installing and assembling electronic equipment cabinets associated with C4ISR is preferred.
- Prior AIT or active duty experience on current active class submarines is preferred.
- Prior Submarine Radio Room & C4I experience preferred.
- Candidates who are currently enrolled or have graduated from and/or completed a vocational school or a skilled trades certificate program are preferred.
- OSHA 10 Maritime Certification a plus.
For consideration please send your resume to Deborah Bailey at email@example.com