Responsible for the day-to-day, full-cycle Accounts Payable (AP) duties of providing financial, administrative, and clerical services. This includes processing and monitoring payments and expenditures. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure the Company finances are accurate and up to date, and the vendors and suppliers are paid within established time limits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Prepare and submit form 1099-misc to State, IRS, and required vendors.
2. Receive, verify, and process vendor invoices and internal check requests for goods and services; verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
3. Maintain open files for purchase orders and packing/receiving slips.
4. Prepare batches of invoices for data entry; match the invoice to the purchase order and/or packing slip and ensure the quantity received and cost billed is accurate. Obtain approval from appropriate personnel for payment of various invoices.
5. Code invoices with account numbers according to the distribution in the general ledger; determine dates for invoices to be paid; key invoices into computerized accounts payable system.
6. Manage and prepare the weekly check run and special check requests for review and signature by the signing Officers and Accounting Manager.
7. Prepare vendor checks for mailing.
8. Attach duplicate copy of checks to original invoices, stamp invoices “Paid”, scan the package to P drive, and file in permanent records.
9. Prints, verifies, and maintains accounts payable voucher reports, open/aging reports, disbursement reports, and journals.
10. Enter weekly AP batch and special check request to the electronic banking system for payment verification.
11. Request and process New Vendor Request and W-9s.
12. Receives and answers phone calls and emails from vendors or other departments in regard to payment status of invoices. Exercises independent discretion in conducting research and resolving inquiries regarding payments and invoice discrepancies in a timely manner.
13. Maintain Accounts Payable by vendor. Reconcile all vendor accounts on a monthly basis.
14. Reconcile credit card statements within 5 business days by making sure the receipts are attached and statements are approved by supervisors.
15. Scan bank reconciliations, journal entries, and other accounting documents to P drive.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Administrative Staff
• Maintenance Manager and Team
• Operations Manager and Team
• Human Resources
• Executive Staff
• ERT Customer Service Center Staff
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
High School Diploma or equivalent required AND a minimum of 3 years of accounts payable experience OR equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Prior experience with QuickBooks is preferred.
1. Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
3. Good analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
4. Ability to work within deadlines.
5. Strong data entry skills.
6. Ability to use Microsoft productivity software such as Excel and Word.
7. Strong organizational ability.
8. Ability to work within deadlines.
9. Strong data entry skills.
10. ACH processing a plus.
11. Capacity to work at a fast pace.
12. Multitasking capabilities.
13. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule as needed.
14. Ability to obtain a VDOT Security Clearance.
15. Ability to pass a Criminal History Background Check and drug screen.
For consideration please send your resume to Deborah Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org