The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We’re dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Target customers include small and medium sized businesses across most verticals. Refers leads to other members of outside sales team, as appropriate. Business Security Consultants work independently in the field 70% of the week calling on and meeting with new or potential customers. The role is part of a goal-driven, sales organization with a core focus on growing revenue quickly.
• Sell our Detection and Surveillance Security Products and Services to new and existing commercial business customers based on assigned revenue targets.
• Understands security needs of business customers to determine appropriate solution.
• Develops and maintains relationships with customers.
• Sells within the product pricing and campaign structure authorized.
• Work with support personnel to determine appropriate solutions where necessary.
• Serves as main point of contact with customer ensuring customer satisfaction through the entire sales cycle.
• Remains current on technical information regarding products and services as well as the competitive landscape.
• Maintains consultative sales and negotiation skills through ongoing training and development.
• Enters sales opportunities into sales database.
• Provides regular updates to direct supervisor, stakeholders, and others as needed, including requested reports.
• Delivers sales presentations to customers and prospects.
• Interacts with Sales Managers and Sales Director with regard to account forecasting.
• May respond to requests for Proposals and Requests for Information in a timely manner.
• May act as a liaison between customer and departments as it pertains to the pre and post sales cycle.
• Works with Sales Director to manage the system’s channel portfolio effectively.
• 1 or more years of experience required in related field
• 1 year successful business-to-business or business-to-customer sales experience with quotas and cold calling
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
• Requires 6 months’ experience using a computer in a work or non-work setting
• Excellent skill in adaptability, applied learning, assignment management, building relationships, written communication, customer service orientation, formal presentation skills, functional competence, high impact communication, continuous learning, negotiation, PC skills, reasoning, and sales skills, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
• BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired
• 1 or more years’ sales experience with quotas and cold-calling
• 1 or more years’ business-to-business or business security sales experience
• Knowledge of local business market, local contacts. Creates and participates in opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder in the local community in order to network and develop and maintain presence; e.g., promotes and/or attends non-profit events, serves as a member of the Chamber of Commerce and/or other local councils.
For consideration please send your resume to Deborah Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 757-629-4697