Join our Elevator Support Unit (ESU)! The position will support contracted skilled trades work on
The selected candidate will support ESU by performing a variety of skilled trades, maintenance and technical tasks on aircraft carrier elevators, cargo handling systems and associated equipment, including aircraft elevators, weapons elevators and vertical stores conveyors. Selected candidate will work closely with higher level employee in specialized assignments. May train/assist other employees/navy personal on shipboard systems and day-to-day operation. Work includes daily activities of physical labor in an industrial and shipboard environment. Your accomplishments will make a positive impact supporting the U.S. Navy and America’s national defense! Travel within and outside of the continental United States may be required. #LI-MJ1
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent and 2 years of related experience.
- Must have experience performing troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and testing of mechanical systems.
- Must be able to read blueprints, technical manuals and/or related technical documents.
- Must have knowledge of using various mechanical industrial tools such as precision measuring instruments, minor rigging equipment, portable power units and mechanical fastening devices or equivalent.
- Must have ability to follow safety protocols and procedures.
- Must be able to calibrate, and make minor repairs on tools/equipment.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain base access credentials.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be able to provide own hand tools as designated per trades specialty.
- 4 years of related experience preferred.
- Experience in the operation, repair and maintenance of marine hydraulic systems highly desired
- Prior Shipboard experience preferred, prior experience on elevators is highly desired.
- Candidates who hold a current or active DoD confidential clearance or higher preferred.
- Candidate with related technical training, degrees and/or certifications preferred.
For consideration please send your resume to Deborah Bailey at email@example.com