The Hampton Roads Veterans Employment Center Receives 2020 Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Award
The Hampton Roads Veteran Employment Center provides a unified community process that advances employment opportunities for Transitioning Service Members, Veterans, and Military Spouses.
Led by the Hampton Roads Workforce Council and the Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce, partners supporting the Hampton Roads Veterans Employment Center include: Fleet & Family Support Centers Mid Atlantic; Virginia Department of Veterans Services; Bank of America; Virginia Ship Repair Association; City of Norfolk; Virginia Employment Commission; Virginia Tidewater Consortium for Higher Education; Tidewater Community College; Old Dominion University; Onward to Opportunity; United Way South Hampton Roads; Hampton Roads Military and Family Facilities Alliance; Hampton Roads Community Foundation; USO; City Virginia Beach; and Walmart.
Customers receive assistance with:
Finding Gainful Employment in the Region
- Employer Hiring Events and Job Referral
- Veterans "After TAP" and other Employability Workshops
- Job Interview, Resume and Employment Application Preparation
- Occupational Skills and Interest Assessments *
- Computer Equipped Resource Area
Becoming More Employable
- Connection with Education and Training Providers
- Demand Occupational Certifications and Credentials *
- Financial Aid Identification and Application Preparation Assistance
- Note: Training Programs are based on customer eligibility.
Overcoming Barriers to Employment
- Identifying Barriers and appropriate Partner Resources
- Housing Assistance, Emergency Shelter, and other Supportive Service
- Staff Follow-up
Understanding VA Benefits
- VA Education, Healthcare/Medical, Disability and Spouse Benefits
- Benefits Related Workshops
The Hampton Roads Veterans Career Compass (HRVCC) is now available for Business and Veterans in the region. An extension of the Hampton Roads Veterans Employment Center, the new custom configured portal streamlines the job seeker and employee recruitment experiences — specifically targeting the military community. The HRVCC also has features that will help Veterans and Transitioning Service Members identify and apply to jobs aligned with their military background and interests — delivering value to both the business and military communities. To register on the Veterans Career Compass, please visit www.veteranscareercompass.org.
Veterans Transitioning Service Members & Military Spouses