- Reviews daily orders. Sets and builds efficient truck loads to geographic areas, including single and multi-stop loads. Focuses on cost and service when routing loads.
- Clear understanding of customer service goals and expectations.
- Tenders loads to awarded contract carriers, including all customer and inter-company loads.
- Searches for new carriers that can bring value to Smithfield Foods.
- Addresses requests for late orders, changes to existing orders, stop changes, etc.
- Seeks additional orders to maximize truck weights.
- Communicates with brokers, Regional and Area Managers on service requests and issues.
- Collaborates with product schedulers to ensure inter-company moves are processed accurately.
- Schedules delivery appointments with customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) from two-year college or technical school in Transportation, Logistics or related field and 2+ years’ experience and/or training in the transportation field, preferably the refrigerated segment; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Transportation, preferred.
- Knowledge of the transportation industry, transportation rate structures and current trends.
- Knowledge of SAP, desirable.
- Knowledge of meat industry, preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, copiers, fax, calculator etc.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
For consideration please send your resume to Deborah Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org