This individual is responsible for authoring, editing, and reviewing content for proposals and responses to U.S. Government RFPs, RFIs and RFQs for current and potential clients.. Works with key stakeholders both independently and as a member of a team to develop proposal sections, such as corporate and executive summaries, past performance volumes, technical approaches, management plans, plus other documents in support of the overall proposal effort. The Proposal Writer will interview and work directly with subject matter experts, program managers, and the business development team to collect, tailor, and translate content in responding to RFP criteria.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree from an accredited college or university in English, Journalism or other liberal arts major is required, or a combination of education and life experience.
- Minimum of four years of experience as a proposal writer authoring portions of proposals, RFPs or similar documents in federal contracting and/or government environments.
- Preferred: Holds Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) practitioner certification (proposal professionals with three to seven years of experience).
- Ability to execute multiple, ongoing projects in a timely and accurate manner in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience with Section L & Section M of RFPs.
- Has superior time management skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Experience with MS Office Suite, SharePoint, and Teams.
- Knowledge of Shipley proposal process.
- Experience with MS Visio a plus.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, excellent problem-solving skills, and make sound decisions with minimal information available.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and multitask on a variety of projects.
- Proficiency in writing, editing, and proofreading, with the ability to draft clear, persuasive proposal content.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Superior grammar, as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Reports to the Proposal Manager for all assigned duties and collaborates with proposal team as directed.
- Writes, edits, collects and coordinates content for multiple concurrent RFPs, RFIs and RFQs.
- Interviews and collaborates directly with SMEs and other stakeholders (Program Managers, Capture Managers, Business Unit and subcontractor leadership) to collect, tailor and translate content to ensure appropriate messaging in compliance with solicitation documentation including RFPs, RFTOPs, RFP amendments, and Answers to Questions.
- Knowledgeable in responding to MAC task order requests such as Seaport NxG and/or Seaport-e contract vehicle(s).
- Supports overall business capture environment to include solicitation tracking, tracking upcoming and current opportunities and customer management.
- Responsible for rewriting text to ensure clarity, consistency, and compliance in a timely manner following established RFP process.
- Coordinates and manages the efforts of multiple contributors.
- Ensures proposals are properly formatted and comply with QED System standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidate will currently possess or be able to obtain a Confidential Government security clearance.
For consideration please send your resume to Deborah Bailey at email@example.com