seeking a highly motivated individual with extensive software engineering experience to design, develop, test, integrate, and deliver emerging technologies through rapid protyping that provide Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) training capabilities to the U.S. Navy customer. Candidate will serve as the Software Engineer reporting to the Lead Senior Software Engineer at the Huntington Ingalls Industries facility in Virginia Beach, VA.
Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve complex software engineering issues related to the experimentation test bed.
Design, develop, test, integrate, and deliver emerging technologies through rapid protyping that provide Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) training capabilities to the U.S. Navy customer.
- 5 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 3 years relevant experience with Masters in realted field; 0 years experience with PhD or Juris Doctorate in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 9 years relevant experience.
- Possess the ability to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve complex software engineering issues related to the experimentation test bed.
- Experience as a Software Engineer conducting research and development within a LVC training environment, or software development with military training systems, and development of Unity 3D applications for Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) technologies (i.e. HTC Vive Pro, ZedMini, Microsoft HoloLens, etc.).
- Experience writing well-documented, reusable code in C++, C#, or other object-oriented programming languages.
- Experience using High Level Architecture (HLA) and Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS) protocols.
- Experience with network programming and implementing TCP/UDP network applications.
- Experience using Windows and Linux Operating Systems.
- Experience using 3D modeling tools (i.e. Maya, 3D Max, etc.).
- Possess an active DoD Secret security clearance or have held a Secret clearance within the past year.
- Possess U.S. Citizenship.
- Willing to travel up to 20%.
- Able to conduct daily commutes to the primary work location in Virginia Beach, VA.
- Possess experience with Joint Semi-Automated Forces (JSAF) and Navy Continuous Training Environement (NCTE) within the Fleet Synthetic Training (FST) environment is considered a plus.
- Possess extensive knowledge of the latest trends and advancements in AR and VR technologies.
- Use industry standard source control and issue tracking systems (Git, Confluence, Jira, etc.).
- Self-starter with the ability to lead projects and is comfortable briefing government stakeholders and industry partners.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work under stressful conditions with compressed project timelines.
- Possess the CompTIA Security+ certification.
For consideration please send your resume to Deborah Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org