Job DescriptionThe selected candidate will support the Elevator Support Unit (ESU) by performing a variety of skilled trades, maintenance and technical tasks on aircraft carrier elevators, cargo handling systems and associated equipment, including aircraft elevators, weapons elevators and vertical stores conveyors. Selected candidate will work closely with higher level employees in specialized assignments. May train/assist other employees/navy personal on shipboard systems and day-to-day operations. Work includes daily activities of physical labor in an industrial and shipboard environment. #LI-MJ1
Essential Job Responsibilities
Applies comprehensive understanding of production and processes toward completion of assignments. Responsible for interfacing with customers, managing subcontractors and ability to provide work direction to others. Performs a variety of complicated and non routine tasks. Develops and uses technical documents including controlled work packages, formal work processes and procedures, test documents, reports and task or trip reports. Schedules, reports and briefs customers and senior management. Performs duties outside of specialty in order to complete installation or work assignment.
- Must have High School education, or Trade School or equivalent, and 4 years of related experience.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, technical manuals and/or related technical documents
- Must have troubleshoot, maintenance and repair experience on mechanical systems and associated equipment.
- Must be capable and have knowledge of using various mechanical industrial tools such as precision measuring instruments, minor rigging equipment, portable power units and mechanical fastening devices or equivalent.
- Must have knowledge of quality control steps and procedures
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a DoD confidential security clearance and base access credentials.
- Must provide own hand tools as designated per trades specialty.
- Prior shipboard experience preferred, prior experience on aircraft carrier elevators and/or weapons elevators is highly desired.
- Candidates who hold an active confidential clearance or higher preferred.
- Candidates with related technical training, degrees and/or certifications preferred.
For consideration please send your resume to Deborah Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org