Seeking shipboard alteration installers for fleet modernization. The selected candidate will be supporting our Systems Integrations department working on active class submarines and surface ships using various mechanical tools to install and remove industrial equipment to assist with alterations and installations for fleet modernization on various contracts such as Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Space & Naval Warfare Systems Command and Naval Surface Warfare Center. Selected candidate will be required to travel to shipyards and military bases located around or out of the country when not assigned to a local task. Per diem available based on location when on travel, travel and lodging expenses are covered by the company. #LI-MJ1
- Must have troubleshoot, maintenance and repair experience on mechanical systems and associated equipment.
- Must be capable and have knowledge of using various mechanical industrial tools such as precision measuring instruments, minor rigging equipment, portable power units and mechanical fastening devices.
- Must be able to travel, averaging 50-75%, to shipyards and military bases located around or out of the country when not assigned to a local task. Per Diem paid per day based on travel assignment.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Clearance.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DBIDS/CAC badge for base access/credentials within 60 days of start date.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must provide own hand tools as designated per trades specialty.
- HS education or Trade School + 4 years of related experience.
• Experience installing and assembling electronic equipment cabinets associated with C5ISR is preferred.
• Prior AIT experience on submarines is a plus.
• Prefer technical/professional certifications.
For consideration please create a basic profile on the Virginia Workforce Connection at www.vawc.virginia.gove and send your resume to Deborah Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org