Laborer duties will include general labor duties related to telecommunications construction as directed by the Foreman/Supervisor.
- All phases of underground construction include but are not limited to: Loading, driving, delivery, digging, removal, and placement of various types, sizes, and weight of construction materials and equipment
- Hand dig using a shovel, mechanical tools
- Install and maintenance of underground telecommunications cabling
- Climb into and out of equipment (trucks, cars, backhoes, trenchers, etc.)
- Operate or work around heavy equipment and machinery
- Working in congested or remote areas
- Maintain visual and audible contact with other crewman and all moving or stationary persons/vehicles/objects to ensure safe coordination of movement
- Perform general construction work under the direction of Foreman/Supervisor
- Flagging, property, or worksite restoration
- Maintain safe working habits/conditions according to all regulations, procedures, and policies
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Basic knowledge of and ability to operate various types of utility trucks and equipment in a safe manner
- Basic knowledge of and ability to hand tools and equipment in a safe manner
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, employees, etc.
- Regular and timely attendance is an essential function of this position
- A valid, unrestricted driver’s license (Commercial driver’s license preferred but not required)
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License
- 6 months of experience in the utility construction industry
- Ability to read prints and interpret utility maps to identify the type and size of underground utilities
For consideration please send your resume to Deborah Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org