Responsible for daily facility operations and maintenance of administration, retail, warehouse, and leased buildings. May assist with building security, energy conservation, reception and mailroom operations, office equipment, and furnishing procurement. Oversees new facility plan execution and build-out. Ensures compliance with all local, state, federal, and OSHA facilities related regulations.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Performs basic electrical work, preventative maintenance of HVAC, basic plumbing, office furniture repairs/cleaning, office relocations, furniture tear-down/reconstruction, basic carpentry work, light bulb replacements, mounting bulletin boards, whiteboards, TV’s, pictures, etc. and conducts routine inspection of such items.
- Operates and adjusts Building Management Systems (BMS) for seasonal and local comfort.
- Plans reconfigurations and relocates furniture and office equipment, as well as set up and take down of furniture/audiovisual equipment for meetings and special events in the house or at remote locations as required by event planning.
- Contacts vendors/contractors to solicit cost estimates, references, etc. Reviews invoices, audits for accuracy, and processes for payment.
- Performs quarterly building inspection of all market buildings to include: Administration, Retail, Technical, and Warehouse; enters data on checklist and worksheet. Solicits repair proposals as needed, notifies manager of repairs exceeding approval threshold.
- Responds to emergency calls, evaluate damages, and takes necessary steps to protect customers, employees, and property. When directed, may assume the lead role in emergency response.
- Assumes lead role in facilities maintenance and operations.
- Reviews work request queue daily. Takes action on tickets as directed and/or needed to meet SLA.
- Observes, reports, and/or remediates safety matters.
- Maintains the inventory of supplies and parts including purchases of small tools and equipment
- HS diploma, GED, or relevant work experience
- 2 or more years of experience in a related field (facilities operations)
- Requires strong knowledge of building system terms and technology; Microsoft Office applications, i.e. Word and Excel
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, multi-tasking, math, written, verbal and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization
- Valid local State Drivers’ License with a driving record that meets standards
- AS/AA or Technical Certification in related discipline strongly desired
- Prefer certification in operating lifting equipment
- Experience in the telecommunications industry desired.
- Experience operating commercial chillers, cooling towers, boilers, VFD drives & pumps.
- Experience operating automated Building Management Systems to include Central Plant, HVAC controls, and automated lighting systems.
For consideration please send your resume to Deborah Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org