GENERAL DEFINITION: The Employer Relations Specialist is responsible for serving as a liaison between the Network2Work job- seekers and the employers who hire them, including but not limited to, maintaining consistent post- employment communications with employers to address any job retention issues. The position is responsible for the following functions: managing the electronic- outreach process for the Network2Work platform, software activities and account- support (including data- entry), as well as supporting and augmenting all other related services and activities of an extremely active and busy Business Services Unit. The Employer Relations Specialist should have a good understanding of the employment opportunities available in the Hampton Roads Region, an educational and professional background that aligns to those opportunities, and a clear desire to help individuals with obstacles to employment.
The individual in this position must be an energetic and highly motivated self- starter. They must possess a proven history of pro- business advocacy, resource coordination, intake management and solution-oriented business services for employers. This position will work in general alignment and collaboration with the Business Services Coordinator and will directly report to the Senior Project Manager.
This is a full-time Grant funded position through June 30, 2022, at this time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a liaison with employer who hire Network2Work job seekers, including but not limited to encouraging employers to hire non- traditional job- seekers.
- Maintain and coordinate contact with employers and Network2Work staff to address any job retention issues identified by employers.
- Assist employers in recruiting entry level employees by helping them complete job orders in the Network2Work system.
- Ability to represent Business Services Unit always with the highest levels of professionalism and proper decorum.
- Utilizing the tools of public electronic labor exchange systems, maintains and manages all required account management and data-entry postings and activities.
- Corresponds with businesses and other stakeholders on a routine basis.
- Prepares, or assists in the preparation of all written program support reports and correspondence.
- Conducts client/business outreach/recruitment efforts including cold calls and direct referrals.
- Serves as staff liaison and representative to all program applicants and participants, area employers and other community agencies.
- Collaborates with Virginia Employment Commission, other partner agencies, and other members of the Business Services Team to ensure communication and a streamlined approach to outreach and marketing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Workforce Development– Considerable knowledge of concepts, programs and issues pertaining to workforce development. General knowledge of other allied and community- wide partner programs, economic development processes and practices, to include a general understanding of target groups, services, and performance, relevant to project goals/ success metrics.
- Customer Centric Focus– Considerable knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. The ability to establish and maintain effective working partnerships with a variety of partners, including One Stop staff, community service organizations, and faith- based institutions on behalf of no- and low- income citizens. This includes cultural sensitivity to all persons.
- Critical Thinking– Using logic and reasoning to understand, analyze and evaluate complex situations and then to research information to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to the situation.
- Judgement/ decision Making– evaluating the best method of research and then exercising appropriate judgement in stablishing priorities and resolving complex matters. Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Interpersonal Relationships– Develops and maintains cooperative and professional relationships with employees, managers, and representatives from other departments and organizations. Shares knowledge with staff for mutual and departmental benefit.
- Communication– Excellent ability to effectively communicate ideas and proposals verbally and in writing to include the preparation of detailed reports which include numerical information and statistics. Ability to listen and understand information and ideas being presented verbally and in writing.
- Time Management– Ability to plan and organize daily work routine; establish priorities for the completion of work is accordance with sound time- management methodology. Ability to plan and coordinate multiple entries and activities. Understand and comfortably navigates the multi-disciplinary nature and broad reach of the public workforce development arena. Must be able to multitask in a dynamic and ever- changing operating environment.
- Coordination and Collaboration– Equally comfortable working as part of an inter or intra agency team. Works well in a collaborative, open and collegial partner and stakeholder centric ecosystem. Coordinates with other managers, project leads, partners and staff, as needed, to fulfill project objectives.
Education and experience: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field or equivalent in education and experience. Two or more years of progressive work experience in sales, education, human resources, marketing and public relations, or customer support and services operating environments. Working knowledge of basic computer applications, software, and social media. Knowledge and understanding of specific needs of underserved populations.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: A valid Virginia Driver’s License, reliable personal transportation and proof of current automobile insurance is required. This position will be required to engage in work related travel within the Hampton Roads Region in accordance with the duties and responsibilities required by this position. Mileage reimbursement for approved travel will be provided.
In addition, an acceptable general background check to include local and state criminal history will be required.
HRWC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/PROGRAM
For consideration please send your resume to Deborah Bailey at email@example.com