Join our Elevator Support Unit (ESU)! The position will support contracted skilled trades work on
The selected candidate will support ESU by performing a variety of skilled trades, maintenance and technical tasks on aircraft carrier elevators, cargo handling systems and associated equipment, including aircraft elevators, weapons elevators and vertical stores conveyors. Selected candidate will work closely with higher level employee in specialized assignments. May train/assist other employees/navy personal on shipboard systems and day-to-day operation. Work includes daily activities of physical labor in an industrial and shipboard environment. Your accomplishments will make a positive impact supporting the U.S. Navy and America’s national defense! Travel within and outside of the continental United States may be required. #LI-MJ1
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent and 1 year of related experience.
- Must have knowledge and/or experience in a trades specialty (i.e. mechanical, electrical, welding, HVAC, fitting).
- Must have experience working in a team environment.
- Must have ability to follow safety protocols and procedures.
- Must be able to obtain base access credentials within 60 days of hire and maintain them throughout employment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be able to provide own hand tools as designated per trades specialty.
- Experience with shipboard mechanical/electrical systems is highly desired
- Candidate who are currently enrolled or have graduated from and/or completed a vocational school or skilled trades certificate program within the last two years are preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical manuals and/or related technical documents preferred.
- Knowledge/ability of using various mechanical industrial tools such as precision measuring instruments, minor rigging equipment, portable power units and mechanical fastening devices or equivalent a plus.
- Knowledge and/or prior experience calibrating and making minor repairs on tools/equipment a plus.
- Knowledge of qualify control steps & procedures a plus.
For consideration please send your resume to Deborah Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org