Join our System Integration (SI) team whose accomplishments make a positive impact supporting the U.S. Navy and national defense! SI trades teams provide expert solutions on shipboard alterations & installation for fleet modernization. The selected candidate will be supporting the SI team working on active class submarines, surface ships, and shore facilities using various mechanical tools to assist with alterations and installations for fleet modernization on various contracts such as Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Naval Information Warfare Systems Command, and Naval Surface Warfare Center. Duties will include: Performing a variety of general manual labor tasks including, but not limited to, lifting and moving materials, loading and unloading vehicles, fire watch, and other activities in a helping or assisting mode. May perform simple repairs on machinery or minor repairs to buildings. Transports materials, tools, and equipment to and within work sites as required. Participates in special projects as required. SI’s trades teams travel to shipyards and military bases located around and out of the country when not assigned to a local task. Per diem available based on location when on travel, travel, and lodging expenses are covered by the company. #LI-MJ1
Essential Job Responsibilities
Under direction, performs routine work technical trades duties to include support of technical repairs and installations. Work from blueprints and tech manuals. Work assigned is typical of standard work assignments common to specialty trades. Applies job skills and company policies to complete a wide range of tasks that vary based on job, contract, customer requirements, specifications, etc. Performs semi-skilled and unskilled laboring duties related to the installation, maintenance, and repair of a wide variety of systems and equipment.
- Must have a High School education or equivalent and 1 year of related experience.
- Must have the knowledge and/or experience in a trade specialty (i.e. mechanical, electrical, welding, HVAC, fitting).
- Must have experience working in a team environment.
- Must be able to travel 50% – 75% of the time.
- Must have a current or active DoD secret clearance and maintain it throughout employment.
- Must be able to obtain base access/credentials within the first 60 days of hire and maintain throughout employment.
- Must be able to provide own hand tools as designated per trades specialty.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Candidates with prior marine and/or Industrial experience highly desired.
- Candidates who are currently enrolled or have graduated from and/or completed a vocational school or skilled trades certificate program are preferred
- Prior fire watch training and/or experience desired.
- Candidates with experience reading and using precision measuring tools (i.e. micrometers, slide calipers, indicators & gages) are preferred
- Candidates with the ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, and/or technical manuals preferred.
- OSHA 10 Maritime Certification a plus.
For consideration please send your resume to Deborah Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org