GENERAL DEFINITION: The Enrollment Specialist is responsible for initiating, maintaining, and expanding relationships with all persons wishing to enroll in the Network2Work platform. This position will serve as an integral point of contact for individuals seeking employment, training, and resources needed to successfully become self-sufficient. The Enrollment Specialist will work closely with job seeker advocates who connect and guide job seekers along the pathway to self-sufficiency. This position will work along-side and under the general supervision of the Senior Management Team and will report directly to the Senior Project Manager.
This is a full-time Grant funded position through June 30, 2022, at this time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Greets new enrollees and provides an overview of Network2Work platform, explains processes, and ensures that job seekers are a good fit for the program and understand their responsibilities on their pathway to finding employment.
- Assists job seekers in completing the enrollment process into the Network2Work platform and uses the database for tracking job seeker enrollment progress.
- Accurately troubleshoots job seeker enrollment issues and concerns as needed.
- Ability to learn about the services offered by our providers to match job seekers to needed services.
- Coordinates with managers, project lead, partners, and staff, as needed, to fulfill project objectives.
- Comprehends and interprets a wide body of regulatory guidance, policies, and procedures.
- Prepares and presents oral and written presentations for stakeholders. Coordinates and prepares reports for Management and the Board’s leadership, as needed.
- Works with the Senior Project Manager and project staff to help identify new processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Workforce Development – Considerable knowledge of concepts, programs, and issues pertaining to workforce development. General knowledge of other allied and community-wide partner programs, economic development processes and practices, to include a general understanding of target groups, services, and performance, relevant to project goals/ success metrics.
- Customer-Centric Focus – Considerable knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. The ability to establish and maintain effective working partnerships with a variety of partners, including community service organocations, human service agencies, faith-based institutions on behalf of no- and low- income citizens. This includes cultural sensitivity to all job seekers.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to understand, analyze, and evaluate complex situations and then to research information to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to the situation.
- Judgment/Decision Making – Evaluating the best method of research and then exercising appropriate judgment in establishing priorities and resolving complex matters. Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Interpersonal Relationships – Develops and maintains cooperative and professional relationships with employees, managers, and representatives from other departments and organizations. Shares knowledge with staff for mutual and departmental benefit.
- Communication – Excellent ability to effectively communicate ideas and proposals verbally and in writing, to include the preparation of detailed reports which include numerical information and statistics. Ability to listen and understand information and ideas being presented verbally and in writing.
- Time Management – Ability to plan and organize daily work routine; establish priorities for the completion of work in accordance with sound time-management methodology. Ability to plan and coordinate multiple enrollments and activities. Understands and comfortably navigates the multi-disciplinary nature and broad reach of the public workforce development arena. Must be able to multi-task in a dynamic and ever-changing operating environment.
- Coordination and Collaboration – Equally comfortable working as part of a inter or intra agency team. Works well in a collaborative, open, and collegial partner and stakeholder centric ecosystem. Coordinates with other managers, project leads, partners and staff, as needed, to fulfill project objectives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services or related field or equivalent in education and experience. Knowledge and understanding of specific needs of underserved populations. Ability to provide your own transportation to cover assignments throughout the service area. Working knowledge of basic computer applications, software, and social media.
A valid Virginia Driver’s license, reliable personal transportation, and proof of current automobile insurance is required. This position will be required to engage in work-related travel within the Hampton Roads Region in accordance with the duties and responsibilities required by the position. Mileage reimbursement will be provided for approved travel.
In addition, an acceptable general background check to include local and state criminal history will be required.
HRWC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/PROGRAM
For consideration please send your resume to Deborah Bailey at email@example.com